Barcelona 01 Chair
- Inspired by the original Mies Van der Rohe Spanish Pavilion first introduced in 1929 at the International Exhibition in Barcelona Spain. The Barcelona Chair 01 is a reproduction of the original that was used by Spanish Royalty at the German Pavilion in Barcelona. Not long after, the chair became known as the chair for kings. Today it is recognized as an iconic modern classic design. The original chair was upholstered using ivory colored Pigskin. This chair makes extensive use of both leather piping and impressed buttons. The design drew inspiration from ancient folding chairs.
Our Barcelona 01 chair is a modern reproduction, and includes:
- Italian leather and full grain European aniline leather upholstery
- Frame is constructed of nice grade of stainless steel for stronger support and resistance to chipping, corrosion and rust; polished to a mirror like sheen
- Cushion surface features individually cut and sewn leather panels for optimum detailing and quality; full tufting of all appropriate seams
- Heavy grade leather saddle straps color-match the upholstery; both sides of leather straps are finished for extra strength
- The rear seat cushion edge features an angular contour cut to compliment the angle of the frame
- High-density fire-resistant cushion foam
- Features true to the original frame geometry
- Chair measurements: 30" H x 29.5" W x 30" D
- Our Barcelona replica is not manufactured by Knoll. We are not associated or affiliated with Knoll. We make no claims to provide any items from the designer and licensing company. Please be aware that Knoll is a registered brand.